Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Peanut Butter Playdough!

Today we enjoyed an early morning walk before the rain rolled in. Then we got some BBQ pork going in the crock pot and made some carrot-raisin muffins. They are fun to make...Claire loves the "Muffin Man" song! We also made cream cheese frosting to put on them. Claire loves to lick the beater! Then since it was raining, I decided to get crafty and continue my cooking streak today by trying out "Peanut Butter Playdough."
It was AWESOME! It actually tasted really good and doubled as a snack for both of us :) Hehe! It tastes like the peanut butter balls. Claire and I are huge peanut butter fans!

The recipe is this easy: 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 cup of peanut butter, and 1/2 cup of honey. However, do not try to get all the honey that is stuck to the side of your honey bear off, by putting in the microwave for 1 minute, even on half power. It will melt your bears face into a very funny and sad looking proportion and probably leech all sorts of toxic plastic-y chemicals into the honey. Then you will just end up throwing away the honey that was originally stuck to the sides anyways. Be sure to double click on this bear picture for a full sized look:


Yes, it was absolutely glorious, fun to squish and play with, and I didn't have to tell Claire not to eat/lick/bite/chew or otherwise gum the playdough 42 times. I heard about edible playdough on JON AND CATE PLUS 8. I actually get lots of good ideas from her on what to do and what not to do...lol! I looked up a recipe online and there are a billion out there. Most of them call for flour or nonfat dry milk powder. I looked for one that I simply had all the ingredients for. I didn't want to go to the store in the rain today!

Go make some now to eat. Screw letting the kids play with the dough. This stuff is manna!


No comments: