Saturday, July 26, 2008

Once Upon a Family Party

So I'm trying to get her to like this yellow CareBear. She'll take it, but will always go back to the pink one. I looked their names up online. This is FUNSHINE BEAR, a boy. The pink one is CHEERBEAR, a girl. I didn't know they had genders, and feel so enlightened. This whole time I was thinking that the Pink one with the rainbow may have been a gay pride bear. Who knows? Maybe it's even trans-gendered. What...should I be writing this on Claire's blog? Whatever...this is 2008 and 1/2.

Today we went to a "Once Upon a Family Party" which was really fun because Claire got to play with other babies, and I got to chat with other LLL moms, while getting some great scrapbooking ideas. It's basically like a Tupperware party. You are enticed to go to someone else's house with the promise of snacks and goodies and can't say no. Then you have to narrow it down to one or a few things even though you want to buy $456 worth of product. I got a neat "Growth Chart" for Claire where I can mark her height and attach pictures.


Since we were up in the Carmel area, we tried to spend one of her Bday gift cards at Old Navy but saw this store called Teeter Totter was having a huge store closeout sale, so we went in and scored some awesome dresses and sweaters in bigger sizes for the future. Everything was 80% off. It was AWESOME. Then we ran out of time. That just means we'll have to venture out again to Old Navy another day...I wanted to get back to Greenfield and hit the Farmers Market that's on Saturdays.

1 comment:

Joshua Starr said...

She has another pink Cheer Bear coming early next week. I like having redundancy of my important data, as well as Claire's Care Bears :)