Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Congratulations to Holly!

Well, if you haven't heard...my sister Holly is engaged! Congratulations to the future Mr. and Mrs. Sherwood! Here are Holly and Mark this past fall. Yes, I jacked this picture off her FaceBook page. Go me.
Holly, please don't kill me for posting this, but I think that this is totally worth sharing because it's funny...that is her list of requirements for dating someone.

Holly's criteria for dating someone:
  • taller than her--check (because when you are 6 ft..plus yourself, this matters!)
  • blond--check (do you want blond babies or something?)
  • has a college degree--check (because most women want a guy at least as smart as them)
  • doesn't smoke--check (because who wants to kiss an ashtray?!?)
  • can put up with our family--I don't know, Mark...do you know what you're getting into?

Anyway, all kidding aside, I am really happy for her. And I'm honored to be her maid...err...matron of honor (have I really been married almost 8 years?!). She has gotten some serious planning done since getting engaged Monday night when I wasn't able to take her call (d'oh!) for her to tell me the news.

And Claire gets to be one of the little flower girls! Mark has 2 nieces who are older than Claire and will help her walk down the aisle together.

So apparently just in a few short days, she has:

  1. the date
  2. the location (Valpo)
  3. the church
  4. the pastor
  5. the hall (yay...Aberdeen)
  6. she knows the colors
  7. she knows what flowers she wants
  8. most of the bridal party
  9. most of her guest list
  10. and probably the most important...the groom

WOW. I'm impressed. This is a girl that knows what she wants and knows how to get things down. (It's called OUTSOURCING!)

So that's all I'm going to post for now...because I'll wait for Holly to send you the Save-The-Date-Card for you to find out more. I have an insiders-seat. Yay. You might not get a STDC if you don't know her, um, obviously, or are just some random person who reads my blog...yeah, you know who you are...that's ok...I might just do the same thing to some people.

So Holly, I thought I'd help you out and post this for all of our family and friends who read this blog. Leave a comment once in awhile so we know you're still reading! And thanks to all of those of you who comment to me in person, emails, or leave comments! Yay! :)

1 comment:

Joshua Starr said...

Great post! I still read your blog :)