Friday, February 13, 2009

Mommy and Me Swimming

My friend Anja sent this pure evil crack-in-a-can. If you have not tried Nutella, you are missing out. Look in your peanut butter section. It is actually hazelnuts and chocolate...aka pure manna from heaven. And Claire loves it too! Why wouldn't she? She totally inherited my sweet tooth! :) But she needs to gain weight, and um, I don't. Aber danke, Anja, es hat total geschmeckt! :) MMM! LECKERLEI!
I've had a very productive day! I put 45 minutes on the treadmill before 10 am. This was definitely due to the helpfulness of Claire's "Happy Elmo" video that Daddy started on his way out the door! :) Yay! She doesn't sit and watch the whole thing...she sort of dances along and does the "I LOVE YOU" signing song along with the kids in it...very cute! Or she'll play with random toys and try to reach around the ghetto baby-proofing and push buttons she shouldn't.
Then I got the crock-pot going and have done um...5 loads of laundry. In one day. It's a new record. I have folded nothing...but it's clean! :) YAY! Then this morning we also had our Mommy and Me swimming class. It was our first class. We sang a couple songs, practiced kicking, floating, and blowing bubbles. CLAIRE LOVED IT! She did not want to leave. We stayed after 15 minutes for open swim, and still threw a fit when we left the pool. But then we got in the shower to wash off the chlorine so she was in heaven again! :)
Now...let me tell you...trying to dress her and myself in a locker room = NOT FUN! She kept running away. Basically taking off her clothes somehow makes her want to make a mad dash away. She streaks around, laughing MANIACALLY. It's pretty funny, but she doesn't look where she is going. She runs with her head turned to see me chasing her...which can be bad as she runs into stuff. It was fine when we were getting our suits on...BUT afterwards we were both wet and cold was not so good! After about 5 times of having to go and get her, I was ready to give up. I also did not want her to slip and fall. I finally spotted a bench that wasn't attached to the floor and I blocked in the corner we were in and she couldn't figure out how to get out. It was just a tad too tall for her to get OVER. And she didn't think of going under...haha. But the class was really fun. She is the only girl though! There are 5 other little boys from 6 months to 24 months. I'd really like to take some other Mommy and Me classes, but this is the first one I have found out about on time!


Then while Claire was napping I managed to vacuum the downstairs! And to my dismay I discovered my Driver's License actually expired on my birthday. D'oh! I had to pay the regular renewal plus a whopping $5 late fee. I've never had to pay a late fee on anything before. Ok, I lied. I've had some...err...several? library fines...but those all go towards good causes, right?! So then we went to the BMV right when she got up. To make my day even better I found a sippy cup that has been missing since OCTOBER. I know because it was NEW in OCTOBER. Luckily, it just had water in it, but it still smelled pretty funky! So I was happy to find her purple BPA-free sippy that had gone missing! But even better, I didn't even have to wait at the BMV! I went right in and BARELY passed my vision screen. I think I need to really start wearing my glasses when driving. But really...who reads tiny letters while driving? I did pretty awful...I almost wanted to ask how many tries I got, and how many letters I was allowed to miss! Claire just scribbled away happily in the stroller. I don't need to bring her toys anymore...I just give her a pen and an old receipt to color on...oh the joy!


YOU CAN'T SMILE FOR YOUR PICTURE ANYMORE. Well you can, but you can't show your teeth. What? Is there a dog you are trying not to bare your teeth to? Nope, I asked, they are now using facial recognition somehow and they need a semi-neutral facial expression. So my picture sucks in a big fat way. The lighting always sucks, but I am also 6'1. This means the picture is always like going up my nose. I thought I was always 6 even, but the last 3 times I've measured taller...so apparently I've grown since HS...which did not need to happen. I have enough problems finding pants long enough. ANYWAY, So I have this evil half-smile on my face. I totally look like a criminal. If I get pulled over ever, I am totally going to get a ticket just because of that evil picture. AHH!

1 comment:

Joshua Starr said...

Thanks for all that you do! Your picture looks "nice" compared to mine. I had to renew mine today since it expired yesterday. I didn't have a chance to shave this morning, plus they kept having me tuck my chin into my chest due to my height. The end result looks like a pissed off unshaven code monkey that escaped from the state penitentiary.