Thursday, March 26, 2009

ANOTHER CONTEST

(Begin shameless plug:)
What? Free Food?

Yeah, FREE FOOD!?! Where? My place! This Saturday! Please don't feel like you have to buy anything! It's just an excuse to get-together and EAT and for the kids to PLAY! I am making 5 new recipes with their products for the show so there will be lots and lots of yummy stuff to taste! PLUS She will be demonstrating 4 other recipes that I get to keep (haha...that's why I booked a show to have her cook those meals for me!) You will learn how to make 4 meals in 4 minutes!

On Saturday, March 28, from 3-5pm, I am hosting a Home Made Gourmet Party. Kids are welcome here too, of course! http://www.homemadegourmet.com/HG-redesign-index.aspx If you want to order but can't make it there is the site, just let me know you placed an order for the show credit. And if you are watching out for certain ingredients here is a list of allergies, etc: https://www.homemadegourmet.com/VirtualOfficeImages/Documents/FoodAllergyandIntoleranceGuide.pdf

Please email me at my hotmail acct or leave a comment to RSVP! We live in a newish subdivision. Please call or email for directions. Your GPS will not get you here correctly, nor will any of the online mapping sites. The developer changed a few road names after starting building, so it's pretty confusing if you don't get them from me!

OH AND FOR THE CONTEST...I love contests. I love participating in them, so I'll start having some! And we only had 2 commenters last time, so they both got a prize! Josh and Mr. Alex, I hope you enjoy your books! :) So to enter, just leave a comment with your FAVORITE FOOD! Contest will end NEXT Sat. April 4 at 10 pm EST. And you win a mix from the food show! :) I'll share some of my free product with you basically! ;)


Thanks and Take Care!

Maria

7 comments:

Kelly said...

HI Maria! I wish I could come, but we're having a family day since my hubby FINALLY has the day off work! Sounds like fun though, wish we could make it!
My favorite food (this week) is OREOS!!! I cannot get enough of them, I have to hide to eat them or Nathan wants them too!

Joshua Starr said...

My favorite food is a hamburger from Ray's Hamburgers in Grand Haven, MI.

It's so much more than just a burger. I, I mean, that first bite-Oh, what heaven that first bite is.

The bun, like a sesame- freckled breast of an angel, resting gently on the ketchup and mustard below.

Flavors mingling in a seductive pas de deux.

And then...a pickle....

The most playful little pickle and then a slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce, and a, a patty of ground beef.

So exquisite....

Swirling in your mouth ... breaking apart and combining again in a fugue of sweets and savories ... so....

Delightful.

This is no mere sandwhich of grilled meat and toasted bread.

This is God speaking to us through food.

Maren said...

Josh, I can almost taste the burger myself after reading your comment! My favorite food is peanut butter. In a sandwich, brownie, pie, ice cream, on a spoon - you name it, I love it!

Alex said...

Unfortunately I'm going to be at Indiana State tomorrow during your party.

My favorite dish is a recipe Amanda found on FoodNetwork.com, a Parmesan Crusted Chicken. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/parmesan-chicken-recipe/index.html

This is not your standard Chicken Parm. Effin' AMAZING. You have to try it, seriously.

InspiredByInk said...

Hey there,
I already posted a reply about the show on facebook. My favorite food is anything mexican. I swear if I wasn't 1/2 chinese I'd be mexican lol. I could eat nachos forever and ever! Yummo!

Bobbie :)

twotuxedos said...

Hey Maria- Not sure I will be making it today...I have a horrible migraine and have been trying to lay low today. If I start to feel better I'll head that way...oh and you're contest...my favorite food would have to be pasta....spaghetti, alfredo, ravoli, etc. :0)

twotuxedos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.