Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mom's Night Out

I went to a Mom's Night Out tonight. We went to Olive Garden for some food and a Secret Santa gift exchange that wasn't so secretive. ;) It was fun enough, but everytime I go out, I miss my little baby-boo! I feel like I'm missing an appendage! She did alright without me, but the minute I walked in the door she started shouting, "Nummie, Nummie, Nummie!"

Daddy did a great job...he got her to eat some dinner and gave her a bath. Since she was already in her jammies, I just nursed her right to sleep. I love how soft and silky her cheeks are! I love how fuzzy and fluffy her hair is right after her bath. I love how she gives such real hugs now! I just love her so much! I feel like I've been away from her a lot lately (3 evenings in less than 3 weeks!) LOL! I can't imagine working full-time and being away from her for an entire day. I would never see her! :(

Sometimes there are moments like right when she's fallen asleep so close to me that I want her to stay a little baby forever!

1 comment:

Joshua Starr said...

Glad you had a good time! Claire had a great time going down the slide and having books read to her. She had me read the Twinkle Sleep book 8 times... Coming home and having her run to me and give me a big hug is one of the highlights of my day, along with seeing you. You're a great mommy!