Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Playing with Oma and Opa!

Claire had an ice cream cone when Oma and Opa were babysitting. My mom just gave her a small scoop, but when she started to eat it, it got pushed down in the cone, and she got mad since she hasn't figured out you can eat the cone part. So then my mom was going to trade her cone with her, but Claire decided to keep them both.

"YAY! I GET 2! YUUUUUUUUUUUMY!"


"NOOOOOOOO! (Stewie voice if you know the show!) MIIIIIIIIINEEEEEE!"
"That's right, folks. You better step away! And nobody will get hurt!"


"Yeah, I have my own ride WITH a sippy cup holder AND 2 ice creams! "



"Sup fools!?! Go ahead and try to take one of these away from me. I dare you!"




Our little girl loves to wear hats...or buckets! This sweater was made by my late Grandma LaVerne.



"Oh you can't take a photo of me now, I have something on my face!"





Reading a German book with Oma called OUR FRIENDS.


She also loves pushing around her toys in her little shopping cart! VROOM!

Claire had a blast and didn't even cry the whole time we were gone Saturday night! She actually ate some food too...well...who wouldn't eat ice cream! She can say Oma really well now and has asked for her OMA several times. She reportedly said OPA while we were gone, but I haven't heard it yet. She also picked up the word, "Daisy," over Thanksgiving weekend...much to my chagrin. She likes dogs!
Read that and you'll agree! Temple Grandin has autism and wrote that book which turned out to be mostly about animals and their behaviors rather than autism. I picked it up to read about 3 years ago thinking it would help me work with autistic students.
Anyway, she talks extensively about why dogs bite people and especially moving people and small children. Hmm...let me count the people just in my family who I know who have been bitten by semi-familiar, friendly pet dogs...1) my little brother Richard when he was little, maybe 2, by a friend's dog 2) my sister Holly in college while walking with a friend and pet dog and 3) Josh when he was about 5 by his Uncle's dog resulting in the scar which still can be seen on his upper lip. So these 3 cases confirmed what she wrote about basically stating that it's not "if" a dog will bite but basically a matter of "when." Daisy seems like a tame dog, but...








No comments: