Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Babies don't need Baby Food

That's right. Babies don't need that squashed up mashed up jarred crap and you don't have to waste your time making "homemade" crap for them: http://ecochildsplay.com/2009/03/13/baby-essentials-that-arent-part-7-baby-food/
If they do need it, they are probably getting solids too early. Basically babies started needing solids super early back when formula was deplete of the things baby needed. But times haven't changed much in that the baby food marketing is still very aggressive.

I bought a couple jars of baby food twice with Claire because that's what I was "supposed to do, right?" and then I threw it away because she wouldn't eat it. The only thing I did buy was teething biscuits and rice crackers but again...not really till about 18 months and only for a few months. Amazingly, she clicked literally overnight at not quite 18 months and just started eating whatever was on my plate for the most part. She is still really picky and is hesitant to try new things. I wonder what baby boy will be like. I can tell you one thing...he's getting nothing until AT LEAST 6 months and probably nothing really until he is crawling and has a couple teeth because those are the better indicators...not just a magical 6 month date.

No comments: