Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nursery Rhyme-Babies Don't Keep

Babies Don't Keep

I hope that my child, looking back on today
Will remember a mother who had time to play;
Because children grow up while you're not looking,
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm nursing my baby, and babies don't keep.

Poem submitted by Cheryl Howarth .....(author unknown)
Midi "Dreams" sequence by Margi Harrell - www.mathesonfamily.ca

I got this rhyme from this site: http://www.nurseryrhymes4u.com/NURSERY_RHYMES/Page_869.html So there are many versions of the "Babies don't Keep...now I'm going to rock mine to sleep...etc."

1 comment:

theredplayroom said...

Somebody needlepointed a version of this nursery rhyme for Ari. It hangs above her dresser. :)

Also, Ari has the same brown polka dot pjs as claire in a previous post.