Thursday, January 22, 2009

Holly's Bridal Shower

Oh the glorious food! Food, glorious food! Do you like the decoration I made? Holly wanted a Home Decor bridal shower theme!
Aunt Mika and Kami made these fancy yummy candies: sunflowers, roses, and turtles. Holly loves and collects turtles.


The cake! Holly's dresses for the bridal party will be a deep purple.



The kids played in the family room while the rest of the guests played a few bridal shower games.




Suz showing the table of goodies.



My Aunt Lee made the fruit kabobs. What a great idea! I made all the veggies. Oh my gosh. I was so busy last Thursday. First buying them all. Then washing and chopping everything up. I put them in paint trays lined with foil and shredded salad to go with the theme. My mom also made chicken salad sandwiches. I also made yummy spinach herb dip which was totally gone. Good thing I made a double batch!








My Aunt Lee supervised the kiddos!







Richard helped entertain them by pulling out some old games.









The decorations proved to be great fun for the kids to play with.








My parents recently stripped the wallpaper and repainted their family room. Doesn't it look great!










David's wife, Kristin, and her mom, Barb:











Holly with our Mom. Mark's Mom is seated in the purple (her future Mother-in-law):












Holly and ME wearing Claire...I couldn't put her down all weekend. And she adopted this big old stocking hat as a security object. It was kind of funny.












Harriet Fagan and Bev Affeld visiting















Debby C, Mrs. Sherwood, and my mom, Arlene. Check out all the cool gifts I got for game prizes. Don't worry, I didn't make them play six games. That would be way too many. I did 2 prizes/game. We introduced ourselves/told how we knew Holly/cute story about her. Then we played a game where I had put stuff in white bags. There were things like flour, sugar, salt, baby oatmeal, etc. Then people had to pass them around and guess what they were. I had the papers made up, they just had to match the numbers. Then we did a trivia game to see how well Holly knew Mark. So if she got the question right, then she got Hershey kiss from Mark. If she got it wrong, she had to chew a gumball. So there were 30 questions or so and I had called Mark to verify all the answers. The top 2 winners from that got prizes. Then we drew 2 door prizes from people writing their names/addresses on envelopes for Holly writing her thank-you cards. We were going to do another game of trivia about Holly, but it was already getting late, so we skipped it. I also had them play bridal shower bingo, which is where they get a bingo card and write down what they think she'll get as a gift. Then if she opens said gift, that person would mark it off. There were 2 bingos pretty fast from that so then I said the next Bingo would get the rest of the Hershey Kisses from the previous game. Haha! So there were really 7 awesome prizes that I nabbed on clearance from Christmas (really nice bath sets in cute boxes/baskets). I hope everyone liked their prize!















Beth and Mika before they spilled coffee on the piano ;) Hehe.















Beth, Mika, and Kami strike a pose


















Suz with her first grade teacher, Anne Egolf (Lee's sister)



















JoAnn Klug working on my dress to add nursing zippers to it under the 2 arms. It had no zipper at all, so I would have to completely lift the entire dress up to nurse Claire...don't think she'll be nursing that much less in 12 weeks.



















Frieda Gioth, Dee Affeld, and Harriet Fagan



















Some of my mom's co-workers from the VNA/Hospice Center






















My mom's co-workers from Broadway Methodist Hospital where they used to work many moons ago






















Jane Lynch, with her daughters Emily and Sarah






















Kristin Jennings Pagels, her mom Carol Jennings (Holly's 4th grade and my 5th grade teacher), and Cassy Spears Gallo


It was a fun shower! Oh look above! I got Holly the 4 gifts in white paper with pink ribbons and the blue wine bag. I gave her 6 sheets of wedding scrapbooking stickers. I also found a really cool silky covered wedding album for photos. When I sent out the invites, everyone got a recipe card that matched, so everyone filled in their favorite recipe to bring along and give to Holly. So I got her 2 packs of recipe cards (many of which are still out there...PLEASE STILL SEND IT!) and the matching box with dividers on it, since she LOVES to cook and sells Pampered Chef when she's not teaching. http://www.pamperedchef.com/index.jsp?localeString=en_us I also got her the current Bridal Gown Barbie and Ken Doll in a tux because she got me those as well when I got married almost 8 years ago (eep!) to commemorate our many hours of playing Barbies together. Barbie also came with a killer ring that Holly can wear. I can totally see Holly wearing it too. She's a goofball like that. Nothing like some plastic Barbie-bling!























No comments: