Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I feel so VIOLATED

So um bad news...some asshat, excused the French, stole Josh's credit card number and has charged so far about $1,200 on it. Some of those are $1.00 pending charges, so who knows what those charges actually will be. GOOD NEWS...the big charges were from today at Kay Jewelers, a Cosmetics site and 2 travel agencies, as well as Match.com and Napster....so ALL the purchases were online. We still have the card...his wallet did not get swiped and our machines did not get hacked. Good lord, our machines will never get hacked. We are so over-protected at home that good e-mail gets deleted as Spam and never delivered. Josh keeps me hooked up. :) As a matter of fact, he not only got the treadmill set up and going for me this weekend, he also drilled a hole in the wall so my machine has CAT-5 cable right into his office. No more wireless...yay. We think his info was comprised on a reputable website where he has purchased some hosting from as they posted a message saying such, but really, it could have been anywhere. Oh joys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same thing happen to me last year at this time. I think my account info was stolen from paypal. Thankfully, the bank couldn't have been more awesome about fixing everything.

Amy said...

Oh dear! I hope you have excellent fraud protection and that you're not responsible for any of the charges.

Excellent news on your biopsies! Yay! And good answers on the Interview! :)

Amy