Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Playing in the Snow

Typical Conversation with my dad:
Me: "Hi!"
Dad: "Hi! (yelling in background along with dishes, dog barking etc)
Me: "Hi, I was calling to..."
Dad: cuts me off, excitedly, "Is it snowing there?"
Me: "No."
Dad: "How much snow is on the ground?"
Me: "Um, none, well a sprinkle here or there, but not really any worth mentioning."
Dad: "Well we have (insert ungodly number of inches here) inches here."
Me: "Wow! Glad I live here!"
Dad: "How much is gas?"
Me: "Um, it's $1.85 (or whatever other random number I can last remember to pretend I pay attention to such things).
Dad: "Really, cause it's $(insert slightly high price here) here."

Really, Dad, I try to pay attention to gas prices for you, but I just don't remember to look unless I need gas! BUT here are some pictures of REAL SNOW here!!! Which has of course melted away since last Wednesday when I took some pictures of Claire in them. She kind of reminds me of the kid in A Christmas Story here. Doesn't she? She just needs a scarf.

I ended up getting her another hat and mitten set since the other set was very lightweight and more for fall weather.

She could hardly walk in this plus it was really windy! But we had fun.


She had fun, but as you can see, this snow isn't really all that deep!

I only took 4 as my fingers were freezing. We didn't stay out long, maybe 10 minutes max. As you know, it takes longer to dress and undress all the layers!


No comments: