Thursday, May 28, 2009

Biking along the Canal

On Sunday, we took a totally impromptu late-afternoon bike trip with our neighbors around the canal area:



Josh was a great sport and wore the diaper bag backpack for me!





Tante Anja and Claire! Claire loves her pink Princess Helmet, of course! I got this bike seat at a garage sale for only $5. YAY! They are $50 plus brand-new!




It was a good time, but there were too many people and dogs to have a good fast steady ride. I had to stop several times.
Here we are hiding the kids, but they were there...




Ahh! Here they are! Sophia has the same exact helmet as Claire and Amelia has cute panda one. I need to find a nice helmet for myself now!


It was the first time I'd been around that much of the canal area. I would not advise riding bikes though...too busy! It would be much better just walking or MAYBE rollerblading...but that's almost faster than biking, but you take up less room. We had a great time and didn't even get rained on. Anja rented a bike from the kiosk by the State Museum, and it was a really nice one.

No comments: