Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We all want to be heard!

Who are you friends with on Facebook? Who makes your "friend" cut? http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thehumancondition/archive/2009/06/15/friends-with-benefits-do-facebook-friends-provide-the-same-support-as-those-in-real-life.aspx?GT1=43002 I basically think when starting out, people are a little more leery as to "accepting" new friends. I think the term "friends" on Facebook is of course loose. Rather, what people have are 200 contacts or people they know vs. "friends"--what is a "Friend" anyway? I think this is hugely up for debate anyway. I recently went through and deleted several people...sorry...but just because we went to the same HS of like 2,000 kids does not mean we need to be "friends" to me. I need to have had at least one semi-meaningful conversation with said "friend" and be able to remember who they are...lol! Read that article. What did you think?

No comments: