Monday, November 23, 2009

Like Goldfish?

So today Claire helped me make banana bread. Basically she sat on the counter and dumped stuff into the mixer while impatiently waiting while I measured out the next thing. Then after it went in the oven, we sat down to read. There were 45 minutes on the timer when we sat down to read. Before I knew it the timer started ringing. Man. I can't imagine her sitting for 45 minutes at this time last year to read straight through...we looked at about 5 books. And she didn't want to get up when it started ringing...but I promised to let her taste some bread, which we added chocolate chips to the banana bread recipe. Mmm.

But here's a cute story. When we were reading, she started playing with my wedding ring. She loves jewelry and is fascinated with it.

C: Daddy give that to you?
Me: Yes.
C: When you got married?
Me: Yes.
C: That you wedding ring?
Me: Yes.
C: What is it?
Me: It's a special present from Daddy.
C: What is it?
Me: It's a wedding ring.
C: What is it? (LOVES TO REPEAT QUESTIONS NOW.)
Me: It's a ring with special rocks called diamonds.
C: What is it?
Me: It's got a band made out of gold.
C: Like GOLDFISH!?! (She was referring to the little fish-shaped cheese-crackers.)

(FINALLY SOMETHING SHE KNOWS!)

I just started laughing.

No comments: