Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What a Mess!

So I spent all day today pulling out everything from our front hall closet to get out the infant carseat. Sigh. So now my project for tomorrow is to put it all back. I did get the carseat straps adjusted to the smallest height setting. Claire's baby doll, "Toby" was the model. I also got my Baby Bjorn adjusted to the smallest setting. It was sorta sad. Claire didn't remember it. She remembers my blue OTSBH but not the Bjorn. I think about this time last year was when I stopped using the Bjorn since her legs were so long, they kept hitting my knees. I stopped using the OTSBH so much since she likes to walk, but I put her in it a few weeks ago when she was teething and clingy, and I was trying to make dinner. She did remember that since I'd continued to use it.

Tonight we went to a preschool open house and got Claire enrolled for the fall. She'll do a year of Pre-3 and then a year of Pre-4 and start Kindergarten when she's 5. She'll be a fresh five, but she's so ready. She is sooo sooo social. She loves story time weekly at the library and and Children's church on Sundays. I'm not sure if we'll still be able to do story times in the fall, but we'll have to see how the story time schedules fit with her preschool calendar. We meet all the teachers she'll have tonight and feel very confident with our choice. I've been to 2 other preschools and gotten the best vibes from this place from others and just from being there tonight. Claire was great and ran off to color and play with toys with the other kids while Josh and I talked to the teachers. We are also going to do a "SUMMER CAMP!" I'm excited about this.

It's just a day camp, 2 days/week for 2 hours. I think it will be great for her to get used to in June and July. Then August will be off and school starts after labor day in September. She'll go 3 days a week for 2 hours. It's also faith based which I like. It's kind of a joke for 2 hours since they'll do a snack and potty break too. It'll be good for her though. She's always asking, "What are we gonna do today? We got story time today? Who's gonna come over? Can we go play somewhere? We going shopping? I wanna play outside!" So this will be nice for her to have something to look forward to 3 days a week.

The other preschool I really liked was 2.5 hours for 2 days/week but they don't welcome siblings on field trips...and that was really a major deciding factor for me! I don't want Claire riding in a car with someone else that I don't know so I'd want to go on field trips. And I don't know if baby boy will take a bottle. Claire never would. So anyways, this way she'll get to go on field trips (bowling, pumpkin patch, apple orchard, tour local pizza place, etc). They've got it all planned out for the year!!!

I actually looked into a 2s class last year about this time, but decided to wait awhile. I know some kids never do preschool or Kindergarten and do totally fine, but Claire is a very social creature and seems to make friends easily. I think she'll also love the crafts they do.

We've been playing outside a lot. It's great! Today it got up to 67!!! We did chalk on the driveway, then brought moonsand outside. That made for a nice and easy clean up! No sand on the kitchen floor!

So Claire did great at her open house and asked me to go potty in front of her to-be teacher. Luckily, she did not lift up her dress to show off her big girl panties, like she was doing at church on Sunday...and all around town the past week or so. We even broke out the sandals today as part of cleaning out the front hall closet.

Well wish me luck as I organize and put it all back. I've got to paper grocery sacks ready for the Goodwill. I'm a little sad to be putting away her snow pants/hats/mittens. I don't know if they'll fit at all next year and don't know if I'll have another girl. :) I don't know if baby boy would like to wear purple snow pants...but it seems silly to not let him wear a perfectly good pair of size 2T snow pants in the winter just because they are purple. Who made up these silly cultural color rules. Why can't boys wear pink, purple, and florals nowadays?

They used to put babies all in white since it's easy to bleach. Dang marketing.

1 comment:

Stacey Kannenberg said...

I stumbled across your blog and laughed out load and completely agreed with your decision to cross off the preschool that did not welcome siblings on field trips!! Some of my favorite preschool memories were those field trips! Except the time my 4 and 2 year old daughters had a cat fight on the hay ride over a pumpkin. My face still gets red as I was horrified to see them make hay fly in front of their entire Christian preschool. I would have had a hard time not laughing had it not been my girls making the scene! :)

Have a blast!!!
Stacey Kannenberg
www.cedarvalleypublishing.com