Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I love coming home to our house and familiar stuff. It's always good to get away, but it's always good to come home, too. I love how our house smells upon return. I don't notice it if we are away for only a night, but something about 2 or more nights, brings out the smell...it's a good smell, no worries. It used to be a nasty smell when we came home after a long weekend, we'd smell the nasty catbox when we stepped inside the garage. never. getting. cats. again. I also hate the way catfood smells. Blech. I will save my ranting for how nasty, gross, and dirty animals are for another time...but REALLY...I felt like the house was always dirty with animals...but I digress.

We got home yesterday morning, very early, after a long flight home. It seemed much later because Claire was a complete crank. She fell asleep the first leg of the flight, but we had to switch planes. I tried so carefully to stand up and not move her, but she woke up anyways. Then she did not fall asleep until she was in her own carseat. She pretty much fell asleep the instant we were out of the bright city lights. But on the 2nd leg of the flight, this lady across the aisle kept trying to "help" me entertain Claire, but really she was just keeping her up, and I kept trying to hint she was trying to fall asleep. Freaking annoying lady. I know she was trying to help, but was she that clueless? She told me she had an 8 month old grandbaby, so she's had a least 1 kid. How do you nicely tell someone to leave you alone?

Just a warning...if you ever go through the San Franciso airport, security was AWFUL. We even waited in the family line so it would be faster. Usually the family line there is only about 3-4 families and it's less than 10 minutes. We had to wait at least 20 minutes. Then a crew of 10 came through and we had to wait for them. I'm not trying to complain. I'm glad we have security. I'm just observing how the INDY airport is awesome...I've never had to wait more than like 10 min. in the old or new one. I ended up throwing away some milk and water I had brought for Claire because I didn't want to take the extra time to have them check the toddler's liquids. And it was so hot. It seriously looked like a line for Disney with a 2 hour wait. Rows and rows of sweaty people waiting. I also think that the Indy airport has a bigger area than they did for security. I think they need to expand their security!

But we made it all in one piece with no lost luggage either way. The only bummer was I had some cheddar bunnies (think goldfish) in one bag that I checked that opened and spilled and got EVERYWHERE. I'm talking completely crushed horrible mess. ARGH.

But it's so glorious to come home and lay in your own bed and not worry about how child-proof the location is! So what does our house smell like? Well, believe it or not, it just smells clean and new. It smells like paint and carpet...I'm sure it's still leeching all sorts of crazy, toxic chemicals out even thought it's 4.5 years old now. But oh, they smell so good! :)

Home sweet home.

Lots of pictures to come...should I post them here or on FB?

No comments: