Saturday, December 5, 2009

St. Nicholas Shoes

Today I am making St. Nick shoes with Claire. We will leave them "outside" aka in the garage since it's a little windy out...and St. Nick will come and put some goodies in them tonight while she's sleeping! Here's the pattern... http://www.stnicholascenter.org/stnic/assets/craft_shoes.pdf It's super easy. Have them color/decorate it while flat, then put it together.

I always did these with my German students when I was teaching, and it was huge hit. St. Nick usually brings lots of little things like pieces of candy, but I also found some totally plastic scissors and some water colors that "St. Nick" will be leaving Claire as well.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Too cute! What a neat tradition to start. Where did you find all plastic scissors? Nathan is obsessed with my scissors and I'd love to get him some of his own.

strwberrryjoy said...

Dollar store!