Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Blast From the Past

Saturday we enjoyed Thanksgiving 3.0 with my brother David's wife's family for lunch. Kristin's mom cooked an awesome meal and carrot cake that was to die for!

That evening Josh and I went to our 10 year HS reunion. I would scan in some pictures and upload them, but that would require too much time...maybe someday!

Have you ever been shopping and bumped into someone you haven't seen for a long time and then ended up talking to them for 10 minutes and catching up? That's basically like how our reunion was! In case you didn't know Josh and I started dating the fall of 1997 which was our Senior year fall! That means we've been dating for over 11 years. CRAZY! I had an absolute blast the whole evening and the food wasn't bad. My parents and Holly had a fun time playing with Claire, and she ate some food for them! Yay! :)

If you are ever in doubt about going to a Class Reunion, GO! It's a lot of fun!!! Josh had fun talking to some of my old boyfriends from HS with me. Josh's comment on the way home was, "That was fun talking to your old boyfriends because 'I WON!'"

I've always loved school and all the extras that go along with it! My favorite memory from pre-school at the Little Brown School House would be the Mr. Potato Heads and the Lollipop Tree that the teacher tied lollipops to on Grandparents day, the read a story about a tree that grew candy and then our grandparents helped us pick candy off the tree. COOLEST THING EVER for a 4/5 year old! :) I could go on and on about the reunion, but basically it was awesome just seeing everyone again and getting back in touch with people...exchanged some phone numbers and emails, etc. Man, some people need to get on FACEBOOK! The food wasn't bad and the drinks were strong. Hehe. It was basically like a really good HS party, but there was a cash bar! We even had the same DJ which was Boomer's Dad! I think our class was right about 600 and there were about 140ish people there according to someone. There were only 4 name tags left on the table when we left, so not a bad turn-out for $30 each...

No comments: