Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Jingle John

Tonight Claire and I went to a program at the Public Library which was really great! The guy was called "Jingle John" and did an educational program about animals, but he made it really fun for the kids by being overly goofy. http://www.sillysafaris.com/?q=node/8 They had a great turn-out for a cold night!

Did you know that both male and female reindeer have antlers? They do!
The thing smelled a little bit gamey for being in our new fresh-book smelling library!


The reindeer is a domesticated caribou. My Grandparents live on a lake in MN in the summers called Lake Caribou...that was not totally random...



Here is with a Dove, but sadly, not the candy kind:



Here is is with some yappy little dog I want to kick across the room. And then step on... Oh sorry. No, I'm not anti-dog, I'm anti-animal in my house. Gee, that's not apparent. Haha. Claire is making this difficult for me because she LOVED my parents cats and dog Daisy this weekend. She kept signing more and panting like a dog when we got home. See, we had 2 cats from before 2001 until last Jan. I just couldn't stand the mess anymore with the cat hair everywhere. We "re-homed" them with a good college friend who takes such great care of them! THANKS CINDY! YAY! Another long story...we tried posting them on Craigslist and they spent 2 nights and somebody's house before they decided they didn't want them last December...that's another long LONG STORY...I still find cat hair...it haunts me! I actually do love animals, just not their mess...
Here you can't see the animal he has, but he's not blocking the view of our friends, who I stalkingly took a picture of...oh yes, Christy and Catrece! I know you'll put this one on your bloggy! HEY! I COPYRIGHT THAT WORD TOO! It sounds catchy! :) BLOGGY! Say it with me now...it rhymes with FROGGY....I really need to go to bed...
And here some kid walked in front while it would have been an otherwise decent photo! Dang kids. Oh wait, I went and made one of these creatures, too...
He has a snowshoe hare here. I wouldn't mind having a rabbit. Man...how many freaking animals did we have growing up...we had a rabbit, a rat, mice that reproduced, fish, a newt, a snake, various dogs, cats, a cat named Caribou that Holly and I brought home from Lake Caribou that birthed three kittens, one started to come out on Richie's lap...lol, not to mention various hamsters...again, another post...this is why I hate animals. And no, we did not have all of these at the same time. I know one thing about critters. They are too much work. They stink and make messes. Hmm. Wait, that sounds kind of like Claire sometimes...I see a connection here! Claire...please never ask for an animal. K. Thanks. Bye.


A video. If you want to embed this, just go here: http://filehurricane.com/media/3545 and go to the EMBED link. I <3>! YAY!









No comments: