1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
Battle Star "Mind-eff"
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
3. What's one food he doesn't like?
Carrots...haha. Claire LOVES THEM!
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order?
The darkest beer they sell!
5. Where did he go to high school?
Valpo and Naples, FL
6. What size shoe does he wear?
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
Anything that involves bacon!
9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
A Hamburger with lots of bacon and cheese on it!
10. What is his favorite cereal?
Cap'n Crunch with Berries
11. What would he never wear?
T-shirts with goofy sayings on them. Hello High School.
12. What is his favorite sports team?
The Colts. And I don't even know the names of any others besides the Bears, Cubs, and Sox from growing up...Sports are for the simple-minded...
13. Who did he vote for?
14. Who is his best friend?
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do?
16. What is his heritage?
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
I usually buy an ice cream cake for him from Culvers or Ritters!
18. Did he play sports in high school?
If you count skipping school to go surfing in FL!
19. What could he spend hours doing?
Geeking it up, X-Box 360, playing with Claire and me
20. What is one unique talent he has?
recovering data on your computer that has been lost and deleted 1,000 times over. Yay, nothing is truly every deleted, keeping me up to date on computer, and electronic things, and ANYTHING computer related...you will never see a flashing VCR clock in this house. Mostly because VCRs should no longer be in homes, but you will not seeing things like that...
THE COUPLES QUIZ:
1. What are your middle names?
Gabriel and Joy
2. How long have you been together?
since fall of 1997
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
3 years/since frosh year of HS...mutual friends, etc
4. Who asked whom out?
He asked me to see the HS play "The Music Man" as our first date.
5. Whose siblings do you see the most?
Probably mine since I have 3 vs. 1 and they live closer.
6. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
We are both very verbal and communicate pretty well. This is an enormous blessing of course when it comes to any relationship. We are also both penny-pinchers, so we don't fight about money...ever..I can see the hardest thing as being disciplining Claire. I don't do "Time-Outs" I do time-ins which is where I sit with her in the corner if she needs to and talk to her. I don't see time-outs being effective for the under 2 crowd.
7. Did you go to the same school?
for 3 of 4 years of HS
8. Are you from the same home town?
Basically, yes, see 7 above.
9. Who is smarter?
Math and Science=Josh...his degree is computer science and math.
English and German = Me. People ask me if I am fluent in German because they find out I taught it. I wonder if anyone out there teaching ISN'T FLUENT? I am not sure how well that would work...I would say we are both bookish and geeky and proud of it.
10. Who is the most sensitive?
Me. I am the female...
11. Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We go to St. Elmo's or the Melting Pot for our birthday's/anniversary.
12. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Amsterdam, Germany, foothills of Alps, France
13. Who has the craziest exes?
Neither of us would have ever dated a crazy.
14. Who has the worst temper?
Josh. Esp. when it comes to stupid drivers.
15. Who does the cooking?
Me, unless you count Josh ordering a pizza online.
16. Who is the neat-freak? me
17. Who is more stubborn? Josh
18. Who hogs the bed?
19. Where was your first date?
HS play, then we went to his place and I looked at some graphic design stuff he'd done on the computer as well as other pictures, and then we watched a movie!
20. Who is more jealous?
21. How long did it take to get serious?
It was love at first sight! :) We were talking about getting married by the Feb. of our Sr. year of HS!
22. Who eats more?
It depends on the food.
23. Who does the laundry?
I do mine and Claire's and the bedding/towels, but Josh runs his own clothes through.
24. Who’s better with the computer?
Um, Josh. He is a computer-God. He can do anything. There has never been an issue he cannot fix. And please do not call us for computer help. It is freaking annoying. Try this first: http://www.justfreakingoogleit.com/
25. Who drives when you are together?
Josh. That way I can entertain Claire.
This is a really old photo of us from Oct. 2005: